Please submit your
Please submit yourresumé to email@example.com
Status: Full-Time, Salary
Mission, Vision, Strategy and Values of (Church)
First Christian Church believes we are loved by God, devoted to Christ, and committed to one another.
About This Role
The primary responsibility of the Student and Children’s Ministry Position is to ensure that each encounter with the student and children’s ministry of First Christian Church is inviting to both members and guests. The Student and Children’s Ministry Position casts vision, plans, and advocates for the faith development, safety, and discipleship of children. This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks of the Student and Children’s Ministry Coordinator
- Collaborates with the student and children’s ministry team to plan and execute a comprehensive program that includes worship, fellowship, and age-appropriate studies that guide children as they grow in faith.
- Lead in the creation and annual updating of safety policies and guidelines.
- Choose and provide all student and children’s ministry curriculum and plan, create, and implement weekly programs for children.
- Regularly and intentionally communicate with parents, families, and student and children’s ministry leaders within the church and our community to ensure that children have many opportunities to thrive.
- Recruit, train, and encourage student and children’s ministry volunteers.
- Plan, schedule, and oversee special events throughout the year.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and other inquiries in the student and children’s ministry in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare classroom materials in a timely manner and ensure that classrooms are set up and ready for Sunday services and special events.
- Oversee the schedule of student and children’s ministry volunteers for Sunday services and other events to ensure that all positions are covered and an adequate child to volunteer ratio is maintained.
- Manage the budget and use of student and children ministry facilities.
- Manage smooth check-in procedures on Sundays and track weekly student and children’s ministry attendance.
- Create annual goals for the student and children’s ministry. (These will be used in the evaluation process)
- Weekly one on one meetings with the Senior Pastor to keep open lines of communication.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Strengths & Skillset
- A growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An attitude of being faithful, available, and teachable.
- A passion for children learning about the love and greatness of God.
- A desire and ability to work effectively with a team to reach goals.
- Excellent organizational, clerical, and communication skills (written and interpersonal).
- Genuine interest in responding to the hopes, needs, and concerns of children in the congregation and community.
This position reports to the Elder(s) over Education and Education Committee.
This position works closely with the Senior Pastor and Director of Digital and Daily Operations for day-to-day tasks and planning.
This position works closely with a team of student and children’s ministry volunteers who serve during weekend services and in various ways during the week.
Key Performance Indicators
The strategy of the ministries that the Student and Children’s Ministry Position leads reflects the overall growth strategy of the church:
- Develop disciples and leaders.
- Serve, engage and invite the community.
- Grow Community Group-Type Environment for Volunteers - who help others grow in faith.
The Student and Children’s Ministry Position will be evaluated on the following three metrics:
- Recruit new volunteers and/or leaders.
- Design and implement a strategy for encouraging more volunteers to serve with the children’s ministry.
- Identify and onboard new volunteers across age groups.
- Create an annual calendar and integrate with overall church planning process.
- Plan student and children’s ministry learning
opportunities and events in alignment with church-wide initiatives to
increase engagement and participation.
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at First Christian Church.
Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ
first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
Be loyal to the vision and staff of First Christian Church and always protect the unity of the church.
Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to First Christian Church.
This is a full-time, salary position of 40 hours a week with four days spent in the building (including Sundays) and one day of flexible working location.